Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Connecticut Forest & Park Association (CFPA). There are so many ways to become involved in the work we do conserving Connecticut, many of which are posted on our Volunteer Opportunities page. We look forward to finding the perfect opportunity for you to join in!
So let’s get a sense for what you are looking for.
Want to volunteer outdoors?
- Become a Trails Volunteer as a Trail Monitor, Trail Manager, or join a work party listed on the Volunteer Opportunities Calendar
- Become a Land Steward and help to ensure the CFPA properties are being used appropriately
- Become a CFPA Ramble Guide and lead hikes, walks, and adventures on your favorite location
- Join the Garden Gang to help cultivate and manage the gardens of CFPA
Want to volunteer indoors?
- Become an Education Volunteer as a PLT Facilitator, Trails to Every Classroom Coordinator, or CFPA Volunteer Educator
- Be a presenter for one of CFPA’s various educational programs
- Become an administration volunteer to help with mailings, marketing, or fundraising
- Join one of CFPA’s dynamic committees and be on the ground floor with planning our programs
- Participate in our legislative calls to action with our Public Policy department
Want to help behind the scenes?
- Be a photographer or videographer to document the various events and programs organized throughout the state
- Become a CFPA Ambassador and participate in public events to spread the word about all the great work going on
- Become an Event Volunteer for any one of CFPA’s events such as Run for the Woods, Science Sunday, or Channeling Pinchot
Want to volunteer for Goodwin Forest Conservation Education Center in Hampton, Connecticut?
- Help at one of our events or programs
- Help manage the Richard D. Haley Native Plant Wildlife Garden
- Join the work being done on the trails and grounds
- Represent the Friends of Goodwin State Forest as an ambassador at events
Have an idea of what you want to do but don’t see it here?
These are just some examples of the work volunteers do on behalf of CFPA. There are countless ways to get involved. We would love to hear your great idea!
Be sure to check out the Volunteer Opportunities Calendar for work parties and other events you can join. New opportunities are added frequently, so keep checking back.
The next step is to go to How do I become a CFPA Volunteer?