For Volunteer Groups Interested in Organizing a Trail Work Party
Is your group looking for a way to give back to the community? The Connecticut Forest & Park Association (CFPA) will do its best to accommodate your group for a rewarding and fun day of trail and teamwork, and we thank you in advance for your interest! If you are interested in having your employees volunteer to help a work party that is already scheduled and open to the public, visit our Volunteer Portal to see what work is upcoming.
If you would like us to organize a special work party for your organization/company, please understand that CFPA corporate and organizational supporters are given first priority in this process but we look forward to talking to you about a possible partnership!
We ask you to please review the following information to assess whether a trail work party is suited to your needs:
- To ensure a quality volunteer experience, we recommend that groups have a minimum of 8 people and be limited to a maximum of 15-20 people;
- We ask for at least a 4-hour work day to ensure adequate time to complete a project;
- Make sure that your employees are up to the challenge(s) associated with manual labor outdoors. Volunteers will be working with tools that may be heavy to some and they will have to wear clothes/footwear appropriate for field work but rest assured that we approach trail work parties with an eye to both safety and fun;
- On the day of the work party, please be on time! We highly recommend factoring in extra time before the start of the work party in case people may be running late or if carpooling is necessary at a trail location with limited parking;
- Lastly, be prepared to have fun, get a little dirty, and be impressed by the work you can accomplish preserving the Blue-Blazed Hiking Trails for current and future recreational enjoyment for all;
Once you have assessed the interest of your group and would like to hear about possible work party projects, please fill out this interest form at least 3 months prior to your anticipated day of service.
Questions? Contact the Manager of Volunteer Engagement, Liz Hughes at email@example.com or (860) 346-TREE. We're glad to discuss some scheduling possibilities with you.
CFPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and carries this policy through with its volunteers. CFPA prohibits discrimination against all employees or volunteers based upon race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, national origin and ethnic origin, age, citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam Era or disabled Veteran, or any other legally protected status.