The 2019 Blue-Blazed Trail Running Series Schedule is Here! Visit https://blueblazedtrailrunningseries.org/ to learn more and register. Thank you for supporting CFPA and the Blue-Blazed Trails.
The Blue-Blazed Series offers a diverse selection of races for runners of all skill levels. The Series brings greater awareness to the Blue-Blazed Hiking Trails and the Connecticut Forest & Park Association (CFPA), whose volunteers build and maintain the trails on which so many love to run.
The 2019 Blue-Blazed Trail Running Series:
|4/13/19||Traprock Trail Races||50K/17K|
|5/19/19||Soapstone Mtn Trail Races||24K/6K|
|6/02/19||Goodwin Forest Trail Runs||10K/30K|
|6/09/19||Nipmuck South Trail Race||14.5 mi|
|6/16/19||HMF Summer Solstice Trail Run||3.3 mi/5.5 mi|
|8/3/19||People's Forest||7 mi|
|9/7/19||Tunxis Trail Ultramarathon||8K/30K/60K|
|9/16/19||Macedonia Trail Race||7.25mi/25K/50K|
|9/16/19||Trails to a Cure||4 mi/8 mi|
|10/6/19||NipMuck Trail Marathon||26.4 mi|
What is the Blue-Blazed Trail Running Series?
The Blue-Blazed Trail Running Series is a sequence of races in Connecticut that are run entirely or in part on the Blue-Blazed Hiking Trails (BBHT). The BBHT are maintained by the Connecticut Forest & Park Association (CFPA). The goals of the series are:
- To promote and create greater awareness of trail running on the BBHT System
- Attract more runners to Connecticut trail running races
- Strengthen the running community
- Raise awareness for CFPA's trail maintenance efforts
- Enhance the experience for the runners who already support our races through series points and recognition
- Oh…and to have fun running in the woods!
Register at each race in which you participate and they will give the results to CFPA for posting.
Blue-Blazed Race Series Point System
1. Participants receive 3 points for finishing, plus an additional 1 point for winning their age group
- Age Groups include: 0-9 / 10-18 / 19-29 / 30-39 / 40-49/ 50-59 / 60-69 / 70-79 / 80+
2. Overall winners receive 2 additional points. Therefore, someone who takes part and wins their age group would receive 4 points; the overall race winner would receive 6 points allother competitors receive 3 points
3. At the end of the series we will publish overall results and age group winners (M/F) for each age group as defined above.
4. At the conclusion of the series, an overall tie will be resolved by:
- distance completed and then
- average pace calculated from cumulative distance / time
|2017 Overall Series Standings for Women||228.84 KB|
|2017 Overall Series Standings for Men||1.07 MB|
|2016 Overall Series Standings for Women||809.71 KB|
|2016 Overall Series Standings for Men||1.16 MB|
|2016 BBTRS Series Details and Point Assignments||269.97 KB|
|2015 Series Overall Standings for Women||703.09 KB|
|2015 Series Overall Standings for Men||1.05 MB|