As you know, CDC and State Public Health officials have recommended “social distancing” and avoiding large indoor group events to slow the spread and reduce the impact of COVID-19 on our employees, their families, and the communities in which we all live.
On this advice, we are notifying you of the actions we are taking today (3/13) that will be in place through at least Monday, March 30th and may be extended if necessary:
- The Community Meeting Room and CFPA Library will be closed until 3/30 and possibly longer.
- As soon as alternative plans are confirmed, we will notify you via email, and updates will be posted on our website at www.ctwoodlands.org.
- All indoor events and workshops between 3/13 and 3/30 will be rescheduled, cancelled, or held virtually (check the events calendar on the CFPA website for updates).
- CFPA’s Staff will be working during this period, but will either be working remotely or on staggered work schedules in the office.
- Please contact staff members by email to conduct business during this time. You can also call their extension and leave a voice mail.
- Go here for a list of staff emails and phone extensions.
**Please note that although “social distancing” is a prudent way to avoid the spread of a virus, “social isolation” indoors is a recipe for depression and anxiety, and the best antidote can be a walk or run in the woods on a Blue-Blazed Hiking Trail.
Here is a link to the NEW interactive online Blue-Blazed Hiking Trails map, and to a couple of articles about the physical and mental health benefits of taking for a walk outdoors:
Thank you for your patience, for your support of Connecticut’s forests, parks, and trails, and we hope to see you outdoors!