Volunteer for Run for the Woods
The 5th Annual Run for the Woods will be here before we know it! There are a lot of different ways to become involved as a volunteer at this exciting event.
The day of the event also needs volunteer support in the following ways:
- Assisting in placing volunteers on the course
- Monitoring the parking situation as participants arrive
- Assisting participants in locating registration/water/food/etc.
- Registration of race participants
- Monitoring the food and water tables
- Being staged along the course at specific locations to ensure the race participants are not getting off course
- Running the course after the race to pick up trash
- Assisting to ensure all race participants return safely
Leading up to the event we need assistance in getting the word out and preparing the course. We ask for volunteers to:
- Promote Run for the Woods to your friends and families
- Be the captain of a team
- Recruit runners and teammates
- Mark the course a the day before the event to ensure race participants do not get lost
Volunteers for this event are imperative to a smooth and fun day. Plus you receive a CFPA Volunteer T-Shirt! We hope you will be able to lend a hand on Sept. 9th. If you are available to help in one of the ways listed above please contact Liz Fossett, contact information below.