Stormwise II: Preparing for the Storm - A Live Demo at Field Forest
Join CFPA, UCONN Extension and CAES for an active, informative and fun workshop on management activities to foster storm resilient roadside forests. As a follow-up to our (rainy!) fall 2016 Stormwise workshop, this session will reinforce the principles associated with Stormwise management and demonstrate some of the techniques being applied in roadside forest management logistics.
- Step-by-step demonstration of directional felling techniques for product recovery
- Tree lean analysis, geometry and compensating techniques
- Log-making 101: optimizing market value potential
- Standing tree volume estimation and log scaling
- Demonstrations of various small scale wood-moving tools and equipment
- Safety and more safety!
1.5 CEUs confirmed for foresters and 3 CEUs confirmed for tree wardens and arborists.
Program co-sponsored by CFPA, UCONN Extension and CAES.