Spring Trails Workshop
It’s finally that time of year—time for CFPA’s annual Spring Trails Workshop! Join us for a day of fun in the sun on Saturday, April 30th from 9:00am to 2:00pm at Cockaponset State Forest for a day of hands-on learning and skill-sharing. There are a variety of projects to partake in with some great leaders to teach you trail maintenance skills. Projects will include rock step installation, bog bridge construction, blazing and corridor maintenance, new trail construction, tread improvements, and more.
- A fun after-picnic is included
- Stay as long or as short as you’d like
- Tools will be provided
- Port-a-potty on location
- Dirtiness likely!
What to bring:
- Wear sturdy, closed-toed shoes and wear long pants
- Bring work gloves if you have them
- Lots of water, snacks, and a light lunch
- Bug repellant
- A day pack to carry what you bring
- Whatever you need to spend a comfortable day in the woods!
Ideal for ages 12+ if you have kids, but leave your furry friends at home please! Parking will be at the Pattaconk Recreation Area on State Forest Road in Chester, CT, right by the beautiful Pattaconk Reservoir. Google Directions link: https://goo.gl/maps/5DhG7mNuNCHw4ARk6
To sign-up, please visit the Event on our Volunteer Portal: https://ctwoodlands.galaxydigital.com/event/detail/?event_id=83128