Make sure your voice is heard by our legislators before the end of session!
The 2015 session of the General Assembly ends on June 3rd, and it is amazing how much happens within the last 3 weeks of the session.
If you like engaging in the political process and making a difference on important issues that would benefit (or harm) forests, parks, open space, and walking trails, CFPA encourages you to join our advocacy team.
In the last weeks of session, it is extra effective to have volunteers who live (and vote) in the communities represented by leaders of the General Assembly as well as leaders of key committees. So, you get extra bonus points if your legislator is one of the following leaders:
- Speaker of the House, Brendan Sharkey (Hamden)
- Majority Leader, Joe Aresimowicz (Berlin, Southington)
- House Minority Leader, Themis Klarides (Derby, Orange, Woodbridge)
- Senate Pro Tempore, Martin Looney (Hamden, New Haven, North Haven)
- Senate Majority Leader, Bob Duff (Darien, Norwalk)
- Senate Minority Leader, Len Fasano (Durham, East Haven, North Haven, Wallingford)
- Senate Co-Chair Appropriations Committee, Beth Bye (Bloomfield, Burlington, Farmington, West Hartford)
- House Co-Chair Appropriations Committee, Toni Walker (New Haven)
- Senate Ranking Member Appropriations, Rob Kane (Bethlehem, Bridgewater, Middlebury, Oxford, Seymour, Southbury, Roxbury, Washington, Watertown, Woodbury)
- House Ranking Member Appropriations, Melissa Ziobron (Colchester, East Haddam, East Hampton)
- Senate Co-Chair Finance, Revenue and Bonding Committee, John Fonfara (Hartford, Wethersfield)
- House Co-Chair Finance, Revenue and Bonding Committee, Jeffrey Berger (Waterbury)
- Senate Ranking Member Finance, Revenue and Bonding, L. Scott Frantz (Greenwich, New Canaan, Stamford)
- House Ranking Member Finance, Revenue and Bonding, Christopher Davis (East Windsor, Ellington)
- Senate Co-Chair Environment Committee, Ted Kennedy, Jr. (Branford, Durham, Guilford, Killingworth, Madison, North Branford)
- House Co-Chair Environment Committee, James Albis (East Haven)
- Senate Ranking Member Environment Committee, Clark Chapin (Brookfield, Canaan, Cornwall, Goshen, Kent, Litchfield, Morris, New Milford, North Canaan, Salisbury, Sharon, Torrington, Warren, Winchester)
- House Ranking Member Environment Committee, John Shaban (Easton, Redding, Weston)
We need people who are willing to contact their State legislators, and will also encourage their friends, colleagues, and social networks to do the same.
To learn more about what CFPA is actively working on in the legislature this year and in previous years please visit the Public Policy section of our website or read our Legislative Agenda published annually since 1987.