Event Cancelled -- NRCS Conservation Funding Programs
Attention land trusts and other private landowners!
Are you interested in implementing conservation practices that improve natural resources on your farmland, forestland and wetland areas? Would you like to protect and enhance your farmland to benefit agriculture and the environment with a conservation easement? Would you like to install new conservation technologies and improve conservation practices on your land?
If so, you may be eligible for funding assistance from USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS).
Please join the Connecticut Forest & Park Association and the Connecticut Land Conservation Council for an information session featuring Assistant State Conservationist, Joyce Purcell, to learn more about opportunities for conservation programs offered by NRCS.
With first application deadlines fast approaching on November 20th, this Q&A session is a great way to learn more about how you can address conservation issues, such as:
- Practices to control erosion and improve water quality;
- Implement conservation practices which promote environmental quality and agricultural production as compatible goals;
- Improve land and water habitat for wildlife;
- Install new or maintain existing conservation activities and systems;
- Conservation easements to protect agricultural land, grasslands, forest ecosystems, and wetlands.
This event is free but RSVP is required. Please contact CLCC Executive Director Amy B. Paterson at email@example.com