CFPA Ramble: Daffodil Day
Experience vernal pool exploration, a guided nature/history walk or learn to letterbox as a part of the Daffodil Day celebration at Wadsworth Mansion.
1:30 - 3:30 PM Join CFPA Ramble Guide Lisa Liesener for a hands-on exploration of a vernal pool. We will likely see a variety of creatures that live in a vernal pool in the spring (e.g. tadpoles, insect larvae and more). There will be viewing scopes and information provided. Stop by any time between 1:30 & 3:30 PM
2 - 3 PM Join CFPA Ramble Guide, Lucy Meigs for a guided nature walk on the mansion grounds. This will be ~ 1-mile, family-friendly nature exploration. Meet at the front of the Mansion
3 PM Introduction to letterboxing with Lucy Meigs. Meet at the vernal pool.
There are a plethora of other indoor and outdoor activities as part of Daffodil Day including:
- 1:00-3:30 Docent Tours
- 1:00-4:00 Rock painting activity
- 1:15 Variety Comedy show with Mr. Bungles
- 2:15 Bubble fun on the terrace with Mr. Bungles
- 2:30 Live music performance with Cash Lane Slim
Click here for additional information about Daffodil Day.
As a program of the Connecticut Forest & Park Association, CFPA Rambles are intended to bring people, fun, and the outdoors together. Led by trained CFPA Ramble Guides, these FREE, engaging outings are offered on trails around the state every month throughout the year. Each CFPA Ramble is designed to show the people of Connecticut how easy and enjoyable a ramble can be and to feature the many different outdoor opportunities our state has to offer.
To prepare for a safe and enjoyable CFPA Ramble:
- Be ready to begin the Ramble at the scheduled start time;
- Bring water, snack, and your excitement;
- Leave pets at home (unless otherwise noted);
- Wear sturdy shoes; and Kids, please remember to bring your parents or caregivers.