CFPA Ramble: Daffodil Day
Learn what letterboxing is all about and experience vernal pool exploration as a part of the Daffodil Day celebration at Wadsworth Mansion. CFPA Ramble Guides and volunteers from Everyone Outside will explain how letterboxing works and provide clues to assist you in finding a beautifully hand carved stamp of a scene from the Mansion. Information for self-guided letterboxing will also be available. Lucy Meigs will be on hand to show all the creatures including tadpoles, salamanders & insect larvae that live in a vernal pool in the spring. There will be viewing scopes and information provided.
A plethora of indoor and outdoor activities for the days events include:
- 1:00-3:00 Docent Tours
- 1:00 Trail Walk departing from the front door
- 1:00 CFPA Ramble: Adventures in Letterboxing
- 1:00 -2:30 Vernal Pool Exploration
- 2:00 Dog Parade
- 2:30 Ranger Russ and A Place Called Hope
- 3:30 CFPA Ramble: Adventures in Letterboxing
Guests are encouraged bring a kite to fly on the vista, independently enjoy the 103 acres of parklands, bring money in order to enjoy the offerings of several food trucks, and view the daffodils that will bloom sometime in April assuring us all that spring has finally arrived.
As program of the Connecticut Forest & Park Association, CFPA Rambles are intended to bring people, fun, and the outdoors together. Led by trained CFPA Ramble Guides, these FREE, engaging outings are offered on trails around the state every month throughout the year. Each CFPA Ramble is designed to show the people of Connecticut how easy and enjoyable a ramble can be and to feature the many different outdoor opportunities our state has to offer.
To prepare for a safe and enjoyable CFPA Ramble:
- Be ready to begin the Ramble at the scheduled start time;
- Bring water, snack, and your excitement;
- Leave pets at home (unless otherwise noted);
- Wear sturdy shoes; and Kids, please remember to bring your parents or caregivers.