CFPA Field Day
Join us for a family-friendly Field Day at Burr Pond State Park!
This beautiful and unique state park is home to the 85-acre Burr Pond that offers swimming, boating, and fishing. The man-made pond was created in 1851 by damming several streams in order to create a source for power generation. The park is also home to the site of the first commercially successful condensed milk factory. Once a site for a CCC camp, many signs of the work done by the CCC crew can still be seen today, including an original bunkhouse. One other prominent feature of Burr Pond State Park are the CFPA-maintained Walcott Trail and John Muir Trail with connections to the trails in the Paugnut State Forest and Sunny Brook State Park.
The CFPA Field Day will feature a number of activities including hikes, paddles (weather dependent), children's activities, and games.
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES:
- 11:30 am to 12:30 pm – Wildflower Walk
- 12 pm to 12:30 pm– History Hike
- 1 pm to 2 pm – Guided paddle adventure: weather dependent, participants must supply their own boats and safety equipment
- 2 pm to 3 pm – Wildflower and Tree ID walk
- 3 pm to 4 pm – History Hike
- Connecticut Forest & Park Association
- Connecticut Woodcarvers
- Friends of American Legion and Peoples State Forest
- Friends of Goodwin State Forest
- Great Mountain Forest
- Master Wildlife Conservationists - black bear kit
- Master Naturalists
- Master Gardeners
- Torrington Parks and Recreation Department and the Mayor's Committee on Youth - game area
- Torrington Trails Network
- Reach Your Summit - Fill a Nalgene Bottle water filtration contest for prizes
- AND MORE!!
Fill in the information in the sign-up function below if you would like to receive announcements and reminders about the event.
*schedule is subject to change. Please visit the CFPA Information Tent at the event to register for the various guided activities.
CALLING ALL CFPA VOLUNTEERS: Planning is underway for the 2018 CFPA Field Day but we can use all the hands we can get. If you would like to assist with the CFPA Field Day, just get in touch with Liz Fossett, CFPA's Manager of Events and Volunteer Engagement.
A special thank you to the 2018 CFPA Field Day sponsor, O & G Industries.
About O&G Industries, Inc.
O&G is General Contractor, Construction Manager, Design/Builder and Specialty Sub-Contractor with nearly a century of experience in commercial building, power plant, road & bridge and site construction. We serve clients in educational, healthcare, industrial manufacturing, transportation, power and municipal markets throughout the U.S. O&G is headquartered in Torrington, CT.