The 2016 Blue-Blazed Trail Running Series includes:
|5/15/16||Soapstone Mt. Trail Races||22K/6K||www.shenipsitstriders.org|
|9/10/16||Run for the Woods||10K/5K||www.ctwoodlands.org/runforthewoods|
|9/25/16||Trails to a Cure/Cockaponsett||12.9K||www.snerro.com|
|10/2/16||NipMuck Trail Marathon||42.5K||www.shenipsitstriders.org|
What is the Blue-Blazed Trail Running Series?
The Blue-Blazed Trail Running Series is a sequence of races in Connecticut that are run entirely or in part on the Blue-Blazed Hiking Trails (BBHT). The BBHT are maintained by the Connecticut Forest & Park Association (CFPA). The goals of the series are:
- To promote and create greater awareness of trail running on the BBHT System
- Attract more runners to Connecticut trail running races
- Strengthen the running community
- Raise awareness for CFPA's trail maintenance efforts
- Enhance the experience for the runners who already support our races through series points and recognition
- Oh…and to have fun running in the woods!
Register at each race in which you participate and they will give the results to CFPA for posting.
Blue-Blazed Race Series Point System
- Participants receive 3 points for finishing, plus an additional 2 points for winning overall or their age group.
Overall winners receive an additional point. Therefore, someone who takes part and wins their age group would receive 5 points; the overall race winner would receive 6 points.
- An exception will be participation in events where dual distance options occur. Participation in the shorter distance will only award 2 points for participation.
- Participants in the ultra-distance events will receive a single ultra-bonus point.
- At the conclusion of the series, an overall tie will be resolved by distance completed and then average pace calculated from cumulative distance / time.
|2016 Men's Series Standings||295.59 KB|
|2016 Women's Series Standings||210.43 KB|
|2016 Series Details and Point Assignments||288.65 KB|
|2015 Series Overall Standings for Men||1.05 MB|
|2015 Series Overall Standings for Women||703.09 KB|
|2014 Series Overall Standings for Women||63.33 KB|
|2014 Series Overall Standings for Men||69.89 KB|