The 2016 Blue-Blazed Trail Running Series includes:
|5/15/16||Soapstone Mt. Trail Races||22K/6K||www.shenipsitstriders.org|
|9/10/16||Run for the Woods||10K/5K||www.ctwoodlands.org/runforthewoods|
|9/25/16||Trails to a Cure/Cockaponsett||12.9K||www.snerro.com|
|10/2/16||NipMuck Trail Marathon||42.5K||www.shenipsitstriders.org|
What is the Blue-Blazed Trail Running Series?
The Blue-Blazed Trail Running Series is a sequence of races in Connecticut that are run entirely or in part on the Blue-Blazed Hiking Trails (BBHT). The BBHT are maintained by the Connecticut Forest & Park Association (CFPA). The goals of the series are:
- To promote and create greater awareness of trail running on the BBHT System
- Attract more runners to Connecticut trail running races
- Strengthen the running community
- Raise awareness for CFPA's trail maintenance efforts
- Enhance the experience for the runners who already support our races through series points and recognition
- Oh…and to have fun running in the woods!
Register at each race in which you participate and they will give the results to CFPA for posting.
Blue-Blazed Race Series Point System
1. Participants receive 3 points for finishing, plus an additional 1 point for winning their age group
- Age Groups include: 0-9 / 10-18 / 19-29 / 30-39 / 40-49/ 50-59 / 60-69 / 70-79 / 80+
2. Overall winners receive 2 additional points. Therefore, someone who takes part and wins their age group would receive 4 points; the overall race winner would receive 6 points allother competitors receive 3 points
3. At the end of the series we will publish overall results and age group winners (M/F) for each age group as defined above.
4. At the conclusion of the series, an overall tie will be resolved by:
- distance completed and then
- average pace calculated from cumulative distance / time
|2016 Women's Series Standings||363.16 KB|
|2016 Men's Series Standings||469.69 KB|
|2016 BBTRS Series Details and Point Assignments||269.97 KB|
|2015 Series Overall Standings for Men||1.05 MB|
|2015 Series Overall Standings for Women||703.09 KB|
|2014 Series Overall Standings for Women||63.33 KB|
|2014 Series Overall Standings for Men||69.89 KB|