PLT CT Working Group Gathering postponed to 4/5/13
Gillette Castle State Park
Friday, March 1, 2013 - 9:00am - 12:00pm
Join us for a fun, informal PLT CT gathering. Discover the ways you can get involved and make a difference across the state via environmental education. You are invited to engage in one of these working groups:
- Early Childhood (preschool teachers or others working with young children, up to ~ 6 yrs of age)
- Nonformal education (naturalists, land trust members, museum staff, youth group leaders, etc.)
- Formal education (K-12 or college)
- Natural resource professionals (foresters, wildlife biologists, botanists, mycologists, etc.
Try out a few sample PLT activities,network with others interested in furthering environmental education, and discover if your skills or resources can help PLT CT reach more teachers, youth, students, and families. Registration is a commitment for the day only; individuals will be invited to participate in one of the working groups.
Some of the activities for the coming year include:
- Producing a CT Forest Guide for teachers and nonformal educators
- Creating a list of resource professionals interested in guest presenting at PLT CT workshops
- Developing a PLT CT Ambassador program
- Coordinating the summer Forest Tour for Teachers
- Newtorking: helping out with social media
PLT CT: Help us grow stewardship, one educator at a time!
Participants are welcome to bring a lunch and enjoy the walking the park grounds or hiking the trails after the gathering.
To register: Click on the Sign Up below.